- 315,510 hits
- Funky yesterday lostinthemood.com/2013/05/17/fun… fb.me/RywJxtA8 22 hours ago
- lostinthemood.com/2013/05/15/bom… fb.me/29dd5WaX0 3 days ago
- lostinthemood.com/2013/05/09/inb… fb.me/I4ebp52T 1 week ago
Tag Archives: cesk
Shout out to Wasp for doing this interview.
1. Who are you?
I Write WASP OLS / CNB
2. What do you do and how long have you been doing it?
I like scribbling on walls and i’ve been doin it on and off for years but seriously for about 6-ish years.
3. What crews do you rep?
I’ve been paintin with OLS for about 3/4 years now. Its a small crew which is good. We do all the usual crew shit (fight,BOOZE,eat,CREEP,paint) its pretty tight knit.
I also paint with CNB, but thats more of a lifestyle than a crew.
CREEPIN ‘N’ BOOZIN FO’ LIFE
4. What got you into graffiti?
Haven’t really got one of those cool graff stories, just grew up with a couple of guys that did it, and they would tell me how they got up at 3.am and went to paint a spot. I thought it seemed cool so i snuck out of my house one night and tried it, haven’t looked back since.
5. Do you rather bombing or piecing? Why?
Bombing by far. Much better buzz! illegal pieces are were its at, but they don’t last the buff so aren’t worth the drama and are better kept on legal walls. Don’t get me wrong i don’t have a problem with painting legal walls, their fine for chillin out with mates, but thats not the point of paintin, i much prefer the adrenaline from being on tracks or in an abandoned building or some shit like that.
6. Who would your favorite Irish and non-Irish writers be?
IRISH- i think every writer that came up around the same time as me (and everyone after) has had their styles heavily influenced by DCW whether they realize it or not, so I’d have to say DCW,
Also i really like some of the stuff UEK has been doing lately.
Oh yea and MSO crew.
NON-IRISH- way too many to name but OKER,SKREW,SCAN,STARE,TOX,MQUE,GUSTO,ADEK,JA,REVS but their just the well known ones, theres really too many to name.
7. Any crazy chase stories?
Lots. i suppose one of the crazier ones was when i was in Paris paintin with CESK, doing a shutter, painting away without a bother, finished up and a cop car pulls around the corner, they sped up so we ditched are shit and ran. We separated a bit while crossing a busy road, nearly ran down a dead end but turned, running alongside cesk, we sprinted down a different street and straight ahead a cop car blocked the top of the street, tried to turn back but there was too many cops. got thrown on the ground and beat around for a while.
8. What do you think of the Dublin scene right now?
Fine i suppose, kind of quite at the moment compared to last year when there was alot of people goin out and keepin active.
9. Other than graff, what do you like to do?
10. What are your 3 favorite pieces you’ve done?
11. What are your 3 favorite pieces by other writers?
12. How would you describe your style?
I like sharp, legible stuff (loads of Montreal stuff) and i like sloppy, thrown together and repetitive. So i try different things all the time to see what i like…. haven’t found it just yet though.
13. Top 5 tunes?
Anything by NAS really, but heres a few more:
14. Whats your ideal job?
15. What’s your 3 favourite colours?
Black and white, then chrome. Yellow one strokes all the way.
16. What do you think of the internets effects on graffiti?
Doesn’t phase me in the slightest, its handy looking at shit on the net but i much prefer cycling around or riding the train seeing stuff in person.
17. Beer or weed?
CREEPIN AND BOOZIN
18.Top 3 graff movies?
Prefer books/ cheap zines but i suppose:
State your Name
MTN diaries 1
19. Any plans to travel to paint in the future?
20. Finally any last words or shouts?
EAKS SYSE TASE2